If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (803) 419-0470

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

SERVPRO Responds To A Fire That Started In the Attic In Irmo

If there is a cause of fire one would surely never ponder that the HVAC system located in the attic would short out. With the attic covered with insulation the spark ignited the insulation and the fire quickly spread. The insulation was placed to close to the HVAC unit which created a fire hazard. The fire quickly spread throughout the home, and then moved down as the ceiling dropped into the home. Fortunately, there was no one in the home at the time, but the fire damage while not a complete loss was quite extensive causing the family to be displaced.  It is important to be mindful of the insulation and HVAC wiring in your home. Out of sight, out of mind. At SERVPRO of Richland County we are prepared for your emergency whether it be fire, water, or smoke.