Some helpful tips!
Have you ever wondered what should you do after you have suffered a fire or water loss? Here are a few do's and don'ts for Fire and water damages.
In case of a Fire damage:
- Do limit your movement in the property.
- Do keep your hands clean.
- Do change the HVAC filters if possible.
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces without consulting a professional.
- Don't attempt to shampoo carpets or upholstered furniture.
- Don't consume any food or beverages that may have been stored near heat or fire.
In case of a water Damage:
- Do shut off the source of water if possible.
- Do remove and prop up wet upholstered cushions for drying.
- Do wipe excess water from wood furniture.
- Don't enter rooms with standing water where electrical shock hazards may exist.
- Don't use TVs or other appliances while standing on wet carpets or floor. Especially not on wet concrete floors!
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet or enter rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
Just a few tips from your local SERVPRO! Here to help make it "like it never even happened."