What happens if a storm floods your property?
At SERVPRO of Richland County, we understand that both storm damage and flood damage can be overwhelming. Immediate response is critical, and the emergency service that you choose for cleanup and restoration is vital to returning your property to the condition "Like it never even happened." SERVPRO professionals respond faster to any disaster and have the skilled training and specialized equipment to provide an effective and efficient action plan.
Where to Start with Storm Damage
Knowing what to do at the onset of flood damage is critical to receiving immediate response. Your immediate steps will help determine your property’s further protection and reduce the potential for irreversible damage.
If you’re wondering where to begin, follow this checklist for your steps of immediate action.
- Turn off electrical power and any natural gas sources including propane tanks. If you smell gas or feel that there may be a gas leak, turn off the main gas valve, open all windows, leave the property immediately, and call your gas company.
- Call 911. Report the flood damage to the fire and public safety authorities in addition to the local gas company.
- Contact an emergency service for cleanup and restoration. The professionals you choose matter. The quicker you call SERVPRO of Richland County, the quicker we can respond. Our professionals will arrive armed with specialized equipment ranging from an infrared camera to uncover hidden moisture to robust water extraction equipment that quickens the drying process.
- Relocate important documents. Water can destroy sensitive documents. Only if you can do so safely, move your important documents as quickly as possible to a safe and dry location. If you need assistance, SERVPRO can ensure that your documents and personal belongings are secure.
- Remain evacuated from the damaged area. To remain safe from potential hazards and to help expedite restoration efforts, we recommend that you and others stay out of the damaged and restoration areas. Upon being given the all-clear to return, adhere to the advice of your trusted professionals about how to return safely.
When a storm strikes and floodwaters rise, other emergency response companies may be overrun. SERVPRO of Richland County can has the local and national resources to address any size situation.
We stand ready 24/7 to respond to your emergency, so please don’t hesitate. Call us today.